What happened in October from Amos Report:
- Baptisms: On October 31st after a series of teachings about true salvation and baptism, we had a total of SIX ladies baptized! Two of our fellowship leaders Evelyn and Sharon were baptized. The other four included Penelope, Linnet, Judith and Mable. This was a big step for our fellowship and this a big step of faith for the women too. We are grateful that these two leadership ladies showed commitment to the word and obedience to God.
Please pray for these Ladies as they have taken a huge step of Faith as they have defied the teachings of their deceptive religion. They are heroes of Faith here in Kabale, a place under the yoke of Religion. We are truly grateful to God for this breakthrough
- School Visits: We have had several school visits through the month at the schools where our kids attend. It’s always beautiful to share, learn and catch up with the kids. At Solberg College (a high school!), Sarina spoke about GRATITIDE and asked if they knew the value of having a grateful heart. Most of them shared and said it wasn’t something that they always practiced, but had started because they had realized how good it is. Others gave examples of some of the things they were grateful for. These included family, 2roads, and knowing Christ!
Our senior four students started their exams mid-October and will be finishing mid-November while the primary seven start their exams end of this week. The senior six will start mid-November.
- Rabbit project (Phase 2).
At the start of this month, we started our second phase for the rabbit project having learned a lot from our pilot project last year. This has become an economic empowerment that can really benefit our families. (A big thank you to FBC Hydro who raised the money for phase 2)
In Phase 2 we are working with a group of seven parents who met criteria for being involved. These include interest, available space, ability to car for the rabbits (getting food) and finally a passion for raising these animals.
We have involved the families from the pilot project. They have recommended changes to the hutches and have helped in training the new participants. It has been a good experience for the original families and the new ones sharing together. Here is a picture of the Phase 2 hutches which are twice the size of the original ones and elevated more.
Thank you for your unwavering support and prayers,
On behalf of the Ugandan team.
From Greg & Donna:
We want to share with you our upcoming plans and opportunities.
Upcoming Trip: In the next few days we will be purchasing tickets for the January trip. Sarina is coming home for Christmas so she will accompany Donna & I in January.
Every year we have been hosting all our sponsored children and their families for a Christmas party. At this party we serve a nice meal and have a full program. We will be giving awards (goats) to the best students and most improved students in both primary and secondary schools. Each family will be given a food package that will include meat so they can enjoy a blessed Christmas meal at home and have some food for the holidays. If we have enough funds this year we would like to give each family a gift of two chairs. Please give as God leads you.
Here is general breakdown of the costs:
- Food for the party $750
- Christmas party Awards $270
- Family food packages (134 families!) $2200
- Gift of 2 chairs per family $2200
Total Christmas Project requirement: $5420
Most of all we pray for each of you to have the spirit of wisdom and revelation to know Him more; that the eyes of your hearts be enlightened so you may know the hope to which He’s called you; the riches of His glorious inheritance in his saints, and His immeasurable great power toward us who believe.
Please pray for Two Roads; for our staff; the kids and their families; the newly baptized Christians as they grow; the rabbit project; the Christmas celebrations and supplies; for the trials that we are involved in. We have two special requests to ask for you to pray with us about. One is for a pastor for the church God is growing there. The other is for a leadership couple to come alongside Greg and Donna.
Thank you for all your love and support, especially your prayer support! That is the most important. God is so good! And He is Sovereign!
Greg & Donna
On behalf of Two Roads Foundation
Some extra Photos of the baptisms: