Dear Family and Friends,
We have good news! We recently found out that 2 Roads Foundation has been granted 501c3 status from the IRS! What does that mean? It means you can give tax deductible contributions directly to 2 Roads. If you have been giving through Church on the Square (COTS), we will be transitioning all the giving over to 2 Roads as we move forward, but Brian at Church on the Square will still process any gifts given through COTS. At the end of the year you will receive a contribution statement for all of 2016 from 2 Roads. A huge thanks to Randy Richardson who did all the work on this IRS application!
Our Recent Uganda Trip
I would also like to share some highlights from our latest trip to Kabale, Uganda. We returned on January 20th. We spent 10 days with Junior Tukwasabie and the children at the center. We conducted a VBS style camp with the children who were out for winter break.
- We had around 100 children ages 3-18
- We shared music, Bible lessons, Bible verse memorization, crafts and recreation
- Junior has been feeding all of these children 2 meals a day since the first of December – This is only possible because of your sponsorship of these children.
- We conducted our first church service at the center and then had a meal for all the children and some parents/guardians. We fed over 200!
- Jess Ritchie, a 16 year old, made the trip with us. He led singing and helped out with everything.
- It is always eye-opening to visit the children’s homes and see how they live. This time was no exception.
Please pray with us about some land that we looked at to buy. This picture shows the land- just over 6 acres. We really need to know God’s direction about this. The min-istry there really needs more space, improved sanitation and space for kids to sleep!
We are planning another trip to Uganda this summer. We hope to go in July and take a few more people. If you are seriously interested please let us know. The cost will be around $2600, but that will depend a lot on the cost of airfare. Please continue to pray that God will give us wisdom and discernment as we move forward with the work He has placed before us.
We are planning a sponsor’s dinner for April 1. We want to share pictures of your sponsored child, share videos and talk about how we can better con-nect with the children in Uganda. Please mark this date!
There are at least 30 new children who need spon-sors. Please pass the word! For $40/month you can make a real difference in a child’s life! We would love to get all these sponsored by the time we return to Uganda.
John 13:34-35 (ESV)
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Thank you for all your love and support,
Greg and Donna Stone